Thursday, July 9, 2020

Alternate Definitions For Stuff

These definitions are so good . . .  

they should be in the dictionary!



ADULT: A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is growing in the middle.

BEAUTY PARLOUR: A place where women curl up and dye.

CANNIBAL: Someone who is fed up with people.

CHICKENS: The only animals you eat before they are born
and after they are dead.

COMMITTEE: A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

DUST: Mud with the juice squeezed out.

EGOTIST: Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.

HANDKERCHIEF: Cold Storage.


145 Best blowing nose cartoons images in 2020 | Cartoon ...

INFLATION: Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.

MOSQUITO: An insect that makes you like flies better.

RAISIN: A Grape with a sunburn.

SECRET: Something you tell to one person at a time.

SKELETON: A bunch of bones with the person scraped off.

TOOTHACHE: The pain that drives you to extraction.

TOMORROW: One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.

YAWN: An honest opinion openly expressed.

WRINKLES: Something other people have, similar to my character lines.


9 comments:

  1. Well, I definitely agree - they should be in the dictionary! I like the one about the raisin! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog. Hope all is well with you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Committee is right on point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great definitions! I agree with most of them. For example : committee,
    chickens, yawn, adult.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic definitions! I enjoyed reading them and smiled all the time. "Yawn" brought a big smile on my face. Love it. And it's so true about egotist!
    Stay safe and healthy and take good care of each other.
    A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed these definitions. Very amusing. Have a blessed and beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding definitions.

    I say, Funk Wagnell's: Go with yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. clever...we all need a good chuckle now and then-thanks

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!