Saturday, June 29, 2013

Houston’s Children’s Museum - Absolutely Amazing!

We took Jace to the Houston Children's Museum for the first time Tuesday, June 25th.  We’d talked about going for a good while but, always put it off for one reason or another. Finally, we decided to go ahead and take the plunge. All I can say is . . . it was totally AWESOME!


I don’t know who was more excited, me or Jace, about the fact that everywhere we went, he could touch things, he could play with everything, he was free to push and pull things, and he could even throw stuff without being told “No, don’t touch that! Stop running! Walk please! Don’t go there and, on and on and on!

Houston’s Children’s Museum is amazing, so absolutely kid friendly!

Jace was free for the first time in his young life to touch and to play with anything and everything in his sight. He could even jump on things, something we’re constantly cautioning him about at home. What an amazing place!  Jace was right at home darting from one thing to another at his usual lightning fast speed. What a satisfying sight for MiMi dellgirl.


Jace had a wonderful time, he enjoyed every single minute of our visit.  I think his favorite area was ‘Flow Works’, where all of the activities are water related.  He’s a water-loving-water-baby so this was right up and down his alley. He had a blast running around from one activity to another jack-rabbit-fast, playing in the water and getting soaking wet (notice the clothes color change...orange to yellow shirt??)!

His mommie did all the chasing trying to keep up with him while I stood or sat on the sideline smiling and snapping pictures when I could. I got a whole lot of pictures of empty spaces because he was gone by the time I pushed the button. And, many pictures were just a blurr of Jace zooming past the camera lens.  

He had an absolutely amazingly wonderful time and, I had a wonderful time watching him have a great time!
Needless to say, he didn’t want to leave.
But, we head down the sidewalk to the car hand-in-hand, Jace and MiMi. 
What a wonderful day, the Children's Museum of Houston is tops in my book!



8 comments:

  1. how fun, we need more kid friendly places

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful place for kids (and adults) to spend some time. There is an interactive science museum in San Francisco with the same approach.
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great entry Leona ! The photos are just fantastic and I can tell you guys had a blast ! Jace is such a beautiful child, too! I hope your weekend was great. I just had a day to myself and made a simple stir-fry meal. I was overdue for it.
    Thanks for this too !
    Just marvelous !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell you guys had a blast. Jace is growing fast and he's so cute. You did a great job with this entry Leona. The photos are fantastic. I feel like I went with you. I had a great weekend just taking care of myself and made a great stir-fry dish. I'll have to share it with you some time !
    Thanks for this ! Marvelous !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gracious! He's gotten so big and cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to grandchildren for exactly these moments. precious times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Leona, you all had so much fun! Your smile is BEAUTIFUL! Love, love, love, it. Jace is so precious! So kissable. ;-) I have been trying to get over here to visit with you. Christopher has been having some health problems. :( Hugs and loves to you, Leona!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!