Friday, October 11, 2013

The Perfect Vacation

Friday September 27, 2013: It’s twelve O’clock noon as we pack the last of our bags in the car. It’s hard to believe we’re actually going to be out of here in just a few short minutes. Jordyn buckles Jace in his car seat and I check around the house to make sure we have everything. I grab my purse, turn off the light and, lock the front door.  We’re taking Jace to the Kemah Boardwalk for some fun and excitement and for a break from the routines of day-to-day city life for us.


 As we back out of the driveway, Jace declares for the umpteenth time, “Going on a trip, going on a trip.” He repeats it until we, or one of us joins him, “Yes, we’re going on a trip.”

Kemah is only a few miles down the freeway, so it doesn’t take very long to get there. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. and we’re a little early. The hotel lobby is not busy right now so, the clerk checks us in right away. She gives us our key cards and wishes us a good stay.  

We take our bags to the room and prepare to head for the Boardwalk where all the action is. Jace is thrilled with the room, exploring every nook and cranny with curious delight. I step out on the balcony to take in the beauty of the captivating tropical scene and Jace is close on my heels. He fidgets and giggles with joy as he spies the Dancing Water Fountains below. He’s a water loving baby so, he’s ready to splash and play in the dancing water spouts.


Leaving the room, we avoid the water fountains by using a side exit because we want to take a train ride around the boardwalk to take in the scenery and find out where all the fun is located. We don’t want Jace to see the water fountains yet, he’ll be ‘fit-to-be-tied’ if he doesn’t get to play in the water as soon as he sees it.
When the train stops we find ourselves right in the middle of ‘kiddie heaven’. Jace takes off running, headed straight for a fun looking ride with his mommie hot on his heels.

Needless to say, Jace is in ‘Hog-Heaven’! He has the time of his life, running from ride to ride laughing mightily as the rides take him up, down, and round and round time after time. Jace spends the afternoon enjoying the rides while I spend the afternoon enjoying watching Jace have the time of his life.


Finally, Jordyn coaxes him away from the rides, through the courtyards,  and back to the hotel so she could wind him down and get herself a quiet minute. After his bath, Jace and I settled down together in the big overstuffed chair and I read him a couple of stories from his favorite story books then, to bed, to rest, and to sleep for us all.

Saturday is filled with fun and excitement for Jace and peace and contentment for me. Watching Jace have fun and seeing that big hearty grin on his face makes my heart sing with joy. You’ve seen him strolling down the sidewalk with his chest stuck out, head thrown back, and a grin as big as the Gulf of Mexico on his face. That’s the grin I’m talking about. It just tickles my innards! All day Saturday…nothing but fun!!

Sunday morning is mix of packing for the trip home and making the most of the last few hours we have to spend in this paradise on earth. We savor every last bit of the excitement then head ourselves home.

Unpacking is a breeze as the warm fuzzy feeling of the past several hours engulf me like newborn baby wrapped in a swaddling blanket. Sleep comes easily and I give in without a fight, I’m eager to have the happenings of the weekend drift in and out of my mind throughout the night. What a wonderful get-away, such a beautiful and memorable weekend in Paradise!

5 comments:

  1. sounds fun, did Jace ever get to the water fountain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings....
    There is nothing like seeing and reliving things through a child's eyes.

    I trust you all fun?
    blessings ...

    peace.
    Rhapsody
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.ca/
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.ca/p/guestbook.html
    https://plus.google.com/101099217204323189067
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://pinterest.com/rhapsodyphoenix/
    https://www.facebook.com/RhapsodyPhoenix
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4442621/rhapsody-phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! This really is a perfect vacation. I love that beautiful photo of you, Leona.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leona! I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what, I read your article for 2 times, I think I really need a vacation :D

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!