Friday, September 20, 2019

Friday Night Humor


Don't Mess With the Elderly

Myra Rhodes, a little old lady living in Great Baddow, Essex, answered a knock on the door one Friday, to be confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner.

Image result for man selling vacuum cleaners

'Good morning, Ma'am,' said the young man. 'If I could take a couple minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners.'

'Go away!' said Myra brusquely. 'I'm broke and haven't got any money,' and she proceeded to close the door.

Quick as a flash, the young man wedged his foot in the door and pushed it wide open.

'Don't be too hasty,' he commanded. 'Not until you have at least seen my demonstration.'

And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure onto her hallway carpet. 'Now, if this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces of this horse manure from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat the remainder.'

Image result for old women with spoon cartoons

Myra stepped back and said with a smile, 'Well let me get you a spoon, young man because they cut off my electricity this morning.'

Click Images to View Source

9 comments:

  1. I would be out buying a long extension cord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a novel idea, thanks for taking time to comment.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting. I really appreciate that you took the time to leave such a lovely comment.

      Delete
  3. hehehe.....lol....thank you for sharing

    # Houston got flood....Hope, everything goes well with you and yours.
    - we got rain several days ago, but not flood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I really appreciate your visit. Thank you. Your kind words warmed my heart.

      Delete
  4. Quick response to getting out of a jam. Love her attitude.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!