Monday, July 6, 2020

What Helps Keep Me Grounded

Sometimes I Need to Re-Focus


Photo © by ~dellgirl~

I’m on a roll, moving right along, getting things done then . . . BAMMM! 

Stuff goes south in the blink-of-an eye, like a speeding race car. Things go downhill like a snowball rolling down a snow covered hill.

Stop! Take a deep breath. It’s time to re-focus!  

Two of my favorite quotes that help when things go other than planned (or hoped for) come from the wonderful book, Who Moved My Cheese, by Spencer Johnson, M.D.

Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson: 9780399147241 ...

These two little quotes help me re-focus and get grounded again.
  • Change Happens
    • They keep moving the cheese
  • Adapt To Change Quickly
    • The quicker you let go of old cheese,
    • The sooner you can enjoy new cheese
There you have it, my inspiration to re-focus and keep moving forward.

What are your thoughts? How do you re-focus after a setback? What inspires you? Tell us please, we’d love to hear all about it.


Click image to view source. I am NOT an affiliate. 

5 comments:

  1. I have no answer. I just keep plodding, I guess. Enjoy your cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book was a deal-changer for me a decade ago. I think I need to re-visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this book. Unfortunately.
    I am not very good at refocusing. But I learned from your post that the quicker you go of old cheese the better.
    Stay safe and take good care of each other.
    A warm hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hate setbacks, but we just keep going on don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately, things have been crazy! So much is going on in the world so it is good advice to go for the new cheese! The older I get, the worst I am at change but I'm trying! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!