Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Things to do for Fun or Profit

Hobbies

Enjoy Your Hobby just for fun, or turn your hobby into a profitable business!

 

10 Categories of the Most Popular Hobbies  


Arts and Crafts – creating functional and decorative objects for purposes such as making candles, ceramic plates and executive toys, jewelry making, making porcelain figurines, glass sculpture, quilting

Collectibles - collecting art, paintings, antiques, beautiful dolls, memorabilia, scale model cars and trains, vintage wine, unique cars, stamps, old coins, plates

Outdoor Activities - gardening, photographing nature, bird watching, fishing, train and plane spotting, horse riding, biking, camping, diving, rafting, mountain climbing, treasure hunts, hiking

Culinary Activities - cooking, making fruit preserves, bread baking, baking and decorating cakes, making cookies, making dumplings and pasta, bar-b-queing meat



Dancing and Music - ballroom dancing, line dancing, hip hop dance, flamenco, belly dancing, tap dancing, karaoke singing, learning a musical instrument

Sports Activities - golf, martial arts, figure skating, skiing, sailing and rowing, gymnastics, darts and snooker, bowling

Indoor Activities - sewing, embroidery, knitting, quilting, painting and decorating, plumbing, reading and writing

Paper Crafts - making Paper-Mache crafts, origami folding paper crafts, making paper flowers, making paper lanterns, making boxes and folders, scrapbooking

Cultural Activities - theater, concerts, cinemas, eating out and dining, museums, festivals and fun, pub crawl

Travel - golf trips, fishing trips, Theatre breaks, city breaks, cruise packages, beach vacations, ski vacations

Photo of my "vacation in paradise" ... just a hop, skip, and jump down the road!

Many people, while enjoying their favorite hobby, have turned their hobby into a business and supplement their retirement income by writing books about their hobby or selling their products locally or on the internet. eBay is a good starting point.

For example, if you like to go golfing or on cruises you can write about your golf travels or the places you've visited during your cruise.    

You can also start your own classes to teach others the skills you learned from your favorite pastime. If you enjoy baking cakes or making fruit preserves, you can sell your products in your local markets.

This is a great way to earn additional retirement income while having fun.

Do you have a hobby? Did you have one as a kid? What is it? What is your favorite fun thing to do?

11 comments:

  1. I've got quite a few hobbies, but sadly none that I could turn into a source for money earning.
    Nowadays, anyone can learn to do things in various fields, with the help of Youtube tutorials. So people are less dependant on the skill of others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes sell a photo, but I am sure that it has cost me more to display them than I have ever made from them. But having people just sometimes appreciate them in passing is just about enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of my hobbies have gone by the wayside. The computer could keep me busy forever. I've done some home maintenance work since I've retired. But I soon got tired of dealing with the public. Besides, I've got enough work around my house to keep me busy into my next lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hobby is taking photos of birds but I never thought about selling them. I also like to paint from time to time, just for myself. I wish I would have some great skills and could do something that I would sell on Etsy and earn extra money.
    Stay safe and healthy and take good care of each other.
    A warm hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list, nothing I think I could make money from, me personally though I enjoy a bunch of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great list! I think it's good to keep active mentally and physically. I used to like doing things outside - planting my garden, snowmobiling and volunteering at my church. AFter my MS attack I had to find different types of things to do. My Mom passed away and I was left with lots of pictures so I got into scrapbooking so my girls and Granddaughters would know about their heritage since I am the only one left to tell the story. This led me into crafts which I love. Everyone wants me to sell my products, but I like to make them when I want to. My main hobby now is spending time with my Granddaughters. Best job I everr had!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well... Right now, I'm sewing masks, but not for money. I've been giving them away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - turning things that we already love to do into hobbies is the perfect way to earn an income,because it seems like we're not working at all. Lots of great choices, and thank you so much! Hope you are doing well! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  9. useful tips with great lists.
    I would like to consider one of your lists.
    Thank you for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good list of ideas! Thank you for sharing. Blessings for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a good list :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!