Monday, October 28, 2019

My Central Heating System Died

Don’t be fooled by the small size of this little heater.

My Photo

A few years ago my central heating system died. When the young repairman informed me that it would cost an arm-and-a-leg to repair the central unit, I sadly sent him on his way and said I would get back to him.

The door had barely closed behind him when my mind went into overdrive. No way was I going to pay that much to have the central unit repaired! I quickly decided to go old-school and give space heaters a try.

The Lasko 1500-Watt Portable Electric Digital Ceramic Tower Heater with Remote Control features 2 heat settings… to the rescue. I chose this Portable Electric Ceramic Heater and the rest is history. I Love it!

What’s to like about this heater, you ask?

I like the adjustable, programmable thermostat of this heater. That means that maintaining the best possible comfort level is just a push button away. This heater itself is easy to use and has easy to use digital controls and digital display. It has 2 heat settings: high heat and low heat. It also has a Nonslip Base.

Don’t be fooled by the size of this little heater. This bad boy is awesome! It IS small, but this little doozie is powerful. It heats up a space fast. It has your room warming up at lightning speed. This one is the TOP reasons this little heater is so amazing.

The other TOP reason this heater is so great is that it oscillates. The fact that it turns from side to side as it heats a room makes it a winner in my book. That way, it heats a larger area of the room … faster.

Another reason I like the oscillating feature is that if there’s more than one person in the room, each one can receive direct heat at some point during the heater’s rotation. They don’t need to be sitting right next to each other to benefit from some direct heat.

Oh, wait! There’s more. THE number one, TOP, BEST reason to love this heater is the remote control. I can point the remote towards the heater from any point in a room, press a button, and the heater is on instantly. I don’t have to get up and turn it on.

I can even reach my hand from under the covers in my COLD bedroom, grab the remote control, point it, and turn the heater on. After staying in bed a while longer, I can get up to a nice warm room.

Life doesn’t get much better than that!

I definitely recommend this heater. I’m not getting paid for this review. I’m not reviewing this as an affiliate for any company. And, I definitely did not get this heater FREE. I paid for it out of my meager monthly income.

There you have it, my personal review of The Lasko 1500-Watt Portable Electric Digital Ceramic Tower Heater with Remote Control features 2 heat settings.

Have you ever used Lasko products? Do you know about this heater? What are your thoughts about it?

6 comments:

  1. What great information - thanks for sharing. Fortunately, when our furnace died we had our gas fireplace to keep us going until it got repaired. Today's repair bills are astronomical. I'm so lucky to have a husband who is handy. I'm going to tell me daughter about this as she is looking for something extra to have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my central heat and air finally bit the dust after 17 years, I was forced to get another. Woo wheeee, ain't cheap for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased that this works well for you :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful about the circuit you have it plugged into. If it's a 15 amp circuit and your running the heater at full blast, 1500 watts, you're limited to 3 hours of run time without overloading the circuit. And that's assuming nothing else is on the circuit. 15 amps x 120 volts = 1800 watts - 20% full load for 3 hours = 1440 watts. Have someone that knows electricity (you?) check the circuit. Don't burn your house down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never heard of but good to know but our furnace is doing okay...going on 24 years now but we are a small house!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!