Sunday, August 11, 2019

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Happy Anniversary to Me & PaPa~dellgirl~


The mister, PaPa~dellgirl~, and I started 1st grade together in our little country town. I didn’t know him from “a-hole-in-the-ground”. We became better acquainted in 2nd grade as he was a mischievous little rascal. He was a lot of fun, but devilish as all “git-out”!    

In junior high and high school we were sometimes in the same classes, sometimes we were not. We were friendly and enjoyed each other’s company whenever we were around each other.

We attended the same college. I was the only girl from our high school graduating class to go to that particular college. He started coming by my dorm room just to chat and to check on me. I was so shy I rarely left my room. If I wasn’t going to class or to the library, he knew he could find me in my room.  

During my junior year, he started taking me out to eat every once in a while. He knew I never went to the cafeteria to eat. He often took me to shop if I needed to since he had a car. Sometimes he’d simply take me out for a ride.

That was “IT” for me, I was hooked. Things got serious. The next year I graduated in May of 1969. He had another year to go since he was majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I was “done” and “ready” so, we married in July … after I graduated. And the rest is history.

Now… here we are ~ 50 years later.

Happy Anniversary to Me & PaPa~dellgirl~

July 12, 1969  -  July 12, 2019

Disclaimer: You might want to read this in a hurry because he might do something to ruffle my feathers and I will have to delete this mushy stuff. OR, I might say the wrong thing and upset his sensibilities. Then I’d have to erase all this sweet talk.

10 comments:

  1. Big congrats you lucky couple, meant for each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. I'm happy that you took the time to check this out and leave a lovely comment. Thank you for thinking of me. I appreciate that.

      Delete
  2. How fun to hear how you two meet. Happy Anniversary-you were married on my birthday July 12th! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and for reading my post. I really appreciate that. Thank you for the nice comment.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to you! Thanks for the peek into your past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I appreciate your visit today and especially that you took the time to leave the lovely comment. I hope to see you again soon.

      Delete
  4. wonderful love story.....from kid until forever.
    congratulation to you and papa dellgirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to take the time to thank you for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate the nice comment you left here. Please come again soon.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely story.
    I love the photograph of the two of year.

    Belated Happy Anniversary Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you took the time to check this out and leave a lovely comment. Thank you for thinking of me. I appreciate that so much.

      Delete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!