Thursday, September 24, 2020

Am I Weird or What?

About Anthony DiNozzo


Do you know Anthony DiNozzo?

Anthony is the goofy good looking guy on the NCIS series. DiNozzo pops out the name of a movie whenever a situation arises in their work day. It doesn’t matter what the situation or circumstance, DiNozzo has a movie title to relate the situation to.

I thought this was just weird at first. But the more I watched the show, the more I liked this quirk of his. Now I look forward to his “movie title for every occasion”, I find it refreshing. Whenever the show comes on, I anxiously wait to see what situation he is going to compare to which movie. It is really cool.

I didn’t realize why I liked this quirk until I gave it some thought. I like it because I am the same way . . . with music. I often pop out the title of a song when I find myself in certain situations.

Even in the middle of a conversation, I often think of a song title to relate to the topic of the conversation. It also happens a lot while riding in a car. Many things along the ride remind me of a song title. 

I can be doing a routine household chore, and a long forgotten song or tune pops into my head out of nowhere. 

I sometimes refer to myself as “the Anthony DiNozzo” of music.



Is that weird? Am I Weird or What? 

8 comments:

  1. Not weird unless I am too. So yeah, you're weird.

    With me it is mostly hymns and gospel songs from my younger days.

    And I change them too. There was a worship chorus that went "Magnify the Lord with me," to which I can now sing, "Tunify the cat with me." It's appropriate because she always wants her tuna. I have 4 lines I can sing. I am working on something similar for her kibble: "Kibble-ize the cat with me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just your version of normal. My normal is I couldn't come up with a song title or an artist on a bet. So we balance each other out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely not weird! I find myself humming along a tune a lot or bringing up a song regarding a topic. My favorite thing is to talk to myself and then start singing! My husband just smiles and laughs at me! Have a great weekend and keep singing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I know of another lady who thinks of songs to reflect her situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm asking the same question about myself, and no, I don't know Anthony DiNozzo. I too have a thing with songs and situations.It often happens to me that a topic brings up a song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't watched NCIS for quite some time, but I like that quirk. In the series Suits two characters used to use movies or sports, which I loved. As a pop culture fan, things like this just make me smile. Very cool that you're a music master. What a nice way to get a message across and you're definitely NOT weird, but very wonderful! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  7. my husband does this too with old songs but I don't know enough titles of movies to even understand the connection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you think you are weird I can tell you that you are not. I do it all the time with some songs. Unfortunately, I don't know about Anthony DiNozzo.
    Stay safe and healthy, and strong. A warm hug.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!