Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Cell Phone DOs & DON’Ts


Some Things To Do & Some NOT To Do


A few years ago my cell phone started acting up. I could barely finish sending a text and the battery would be drained over half way. The same thing happened with regular phone calls. I could only make or receive two or three calls and the phone would beep for low battery.

I had to plug the thing in, off and on about a hundred times a day just to be able to talk on it. I completely gave up trying to text after a couple of weeks. There was so much life stuff going on, I didn’t have time to take it to the shop to have it checked out.


Finally, I did take it to my service provider and explained the problem to the salesman. He gave the phone a good going over and found nothing wrong with the phone itself.

He did find my problem to be a bad battery. He said the battery is supposed to be flat and mine was puffed, probably from too much heat. I DO keep the danged thing in my pocket all day long . . . just in case loved ones try to reach me during the day.

After several questions, the young man told me the following 3 things.

1.Don’t keep your cell phone plugged in charging all night long. It only takes an hour or two to charge.

2. Do Charge it “only” when it registers way down past half way full. Once it is fully charged, unplug it.

3. Don’t keep your cell phone in your pocket all day long. Your body heat will damage your battery.

So there you have it, some things to DO and NOT-to-DO with your cell phone.

Did you know about these DOs & DON’TS already? Have you ever had a problem with your cell phone battery? What did you do?



Click Image #1 to view source 

10 comments:

  1. aww...I didn't know that body heat could damage battery.... new knowledge for me.

    Thank you for sharing the info about cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Tanza. Thank you for stopping by and for reading here. I appreciate that a lot.

      Wishing you well, my friend!

      Delete
  2. My cell phone was acting just like yours. I just got a new battery. Now I can make two calls instead of one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a loyal iPhone user. Bought a new one a couple of months ago because I was having the same issue as you with the battery discharging. In a recent software upgrade Apple improved the operating system to 'learn' when you usually charge your battery and act accordingly, which will make the battery last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i charge too often unfortunately

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what, Dell? I miss my old Sprint phone which I had for well over a decade. It didn't have texting but I was able to have it on 7/24 and never had to worry about the battery because when I ordered the phone I had ordered two batteries. One was a double load which lasted during the day very nicely. The second was regular load. When I got the phone they sent me a charger that took both batteries. I kept the double load charging at night and the regular load charged during the day. When one went down I could switch batteries and keep my phone on 'til I went to bed or even after. Neither battery ever went bad on me. Miss that and the great clarity of the conversations. It was like the person I talked to was beside me in the car or in the next room at least. I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know about these don'ts. Thank you for mentioning them. I have an emergency cell phone. It's cheap and tiny but it does its job well. It has a little problem; I never know that my phone is charged fully because it doesn't have a little battery icon on the screen.
    Stay safe and healthy! And take good care of each other. Your wonderful grandson is very fortunate to have such a great grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the info. I know they were having with the batteries and took a lot of heat about that. I just recently got a new iphone as the battery was not working well but my phone was very old. So far I am very happy with it. I do remember one day I left my old phone on the dashboard of the car and it actually shut down from the heat, so that don't is definitely true. Hope all it well! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this information.
    One of our sons had previously told me about number 2.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!