Sunday, July 26, 2020

Calming Everyday Foods


Everyday Foods to Help Us De-Stress

 ~Energizing Snack~

When life gets stressful, there are many things we can do to help relieve the stress. We all know the most common ones. But, did you know there are foods that also help us to de-stress? Here are four foods I never thought of as stress relievers.

Cauliflower is a great and little known stress reliever. You should steam half a cup of cauliflower and mash it as you would potatoes. Add some olive oil and spices and serve it as a guilt-free side dish to basically any entrée!
Here's how I like mine: steamed about 5-10 minutes 
and served as a side with my entrée.

Cottage Cheese is a commonly used food, but did you know you can use it to de-stress? You can mix 4 ounces of cottage cheese with berries or pineapples for a satisfying meal or snack. Many of us eat it this way all the time. Did you know it is a great stress reliever?

Chicken is one of my all time favorite foods. I eat it often, and I didn’t know it could be used to de-stress. You should grill it, slice it and add it to salad for a healthy meal. We also eat this combination a lot around here, not realizing it is a food that is good for relieving stress. As with most proteins, 4 ounces per meal should do the trick.

Chicken & Baby Carrote: One of our winter favorites.


Carrots are great raw with hummus (I prefer mine with Ranch Salad Dressing). Carrots can also be steamed, sautéed, roasted and glazed. Just 4 ounces should do the trick to use as a stress reliever.

There you have it, some common everyday foods that we eat all the time that also serve as great stress relievers.

What are your thoughts on using foods to de-stress? Did you already know this? Do you know other foods that will help us to de-stress?



6 comments:

  1. M&Ms. The more I eat the less stressed I am. It's called a sugar coma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit are my stress relievers (especially grapes); maybe because of their sugar content.
    Cottage cheese is also a favorite of mine, and I believe it does have health benefits such as de-stressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how Sue does cauliflower. Since I am not a veggies sort of guy, she’s found a way to make it appealing to me. After some boiling/steaming, she coats it with mayo which helps to adhere shredded cheese. She then broilS it, and it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all this great info! I love my cauliflower! I break it into pieces and boil it just like potatoes and mash it up. The kids love it. At first they thought it was mashed potatoes! I also agree with Mike - M&M will do the trick as well as any chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great, thank you.
    A square of dark chocolate is good too, the 70%+ one.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!