Thursday, November 14, 2019

Grandparents: Not Just for Women


What Do You Call Your Grandmother?  
    
 


Raise your hand if you know my grandson, Jace. There you go, I knew it. Jace calls me ‘MiMi’.  I called my grandmother,  “Mama Leona”. My children call my mama, “Grandmom”. They call their daddy’s mama, “Mom”.


I have a first cousin who lives around the corner. Her two grand-daughters call her ‘Mee-Moah’ (I probably didn’t spell that correctly). But, that’s okay, I think you get it.
Image result for grandparents and grandchildren cartoons

My oldest sister-in-law’s grandchildren call her ‘Momeee’. All of my cousins on my Mama’s side of the family call my Mama, “Nanny”. She is not their grandmother, but they call her Nanny anyway. All of their children and their children’s children call her Nanny too. She is Nanny to many.

With the introductions out of the way, let’s get down to business. What do or did you call your grandmother? Are you a grandmother yourself? What do your grandchildren call you?
                  
This Is Not Just for Women: Are you a grandfather? What do your grandchildren call you?


Click Image #3 to view Source

7 comments:

  1. My kids call their grandma 'nana'. They called my deceased mom 'grandma'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dellgirl my grandies call me Mucky and when my mum was alive they called her great,they call their other nana,hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great question! I called my Dad's Mom - Grandma, and my Mom's Mom - Nanny. My girls called my husband's Mom - Grandma and my Mom - Nanny and my Granddaughters call me Nanny and when my Mom was alive they called her Big Nanny which they thought of themselves to keep the two of us apart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been grandma and grandpa for all our generations. I've heard that in Texas they call grandmothers Meemaw. I saw that on the Big Bang Theory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a Portuguese upbringing so we called our grandmas avó and my grandpa avô (there is a slight difference in pronunciation. My niece who has a daughter, calls her grandma (my sister) vovodoo :) Have a wonderful weekend Leona. Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I love your beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful photograph that is.

    The grandchildren call me Grandma … and I just love being a Grandma :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!