Monday, May 16, 2022

Waiting for God

Are You Waiting for God? 

Read this and pay close attention. 

Image source

There was a huge flood, and the flood waters were rising quickly. A man was sitting on the porch of his house and a couple came by in a rowboat. The man in the rowboat told the man on the porch to get in and he'd save him. The man on the porch said, no, he had faith in God and would wait for God to save him.

 The flood waters kept rising and the man had to go to the second floor of his house. A man in a motor boat came by and told the man in the house to get in because he had come to rescue him. The man in the house said no thank you. He had perfect faith in God and would wait for God to save him.

The flood waters kept rising. Pretty soon they were up to the man's roof and he got out on the roof. A helicopter then came by and lowered a rope. The pilot shouted down for the man in the house to climb up the rope because the helicopeter had come to rescue him. The man in the house wouldn't climb up the rope. He told the pilot that he had faith in God and would wait for God to rescue him.

Image Source

The flood waters kept rising and the man in the house drowned.  

When he got to heaven, he asked God where he went wrong. He told God that he had perfect faith in God, but God had let him drown. 

"What more do you want from me?" asked God. "I sent you two boats and a helicopter." 

Lesson: If you find yourself in trouble and someone offers to help, take it. That's God way of saving you!

MORE from ~dellgirl~


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. I think God knows he has to hit me on the head to get my attention. That's a beautiful and handsome youngster on your header. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, glad you enjoyed it. It was so good of you to visit my post. Thank you for the lovely comment. I also thank you for taking time to stop and read here. Wishing you well, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to visit here. I also thank you for the lovely comment. Wishing you all the best, dear friend!

      Delete
  3. Your grandson makes for a lovely header! As for God's help - we pray to God for help, and we thank Him for it , but we cannot be passive about it and just wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your beautiful compliment, it warms my heart. I truly appreciate that you took the time to read my post and to comment. What a nice thing for you to do that!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read my post and to comment. I really appreciate that.

      Delete
  5. I remember reading this once - it is so true! I tell my Grandkids this all the time! Hope all it well with you and yours! I love the picture of your Grandson - nice hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for these encouraging words on my post. I truly appreciate that you took the time to read here and to comment. You’re very thoughtful.

      Delete
  6. you are right, God help us in many ways...
    Thank you for a good lesson ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, that's so good of you. I am thankful for your comment.

      Delete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!