Tuesday, September 25, 2018

If I Were a Blackbird

If I Were a Blackbird


If I were a blackbird sitting high in a tree,
I’d fly away from everyone that keeps messing with me.
People with their begging and their constant needs,
I’d find myself a secret place and go hunting for some seeds.


 If I were a blackbird all sleek and shiny,
I would get away from people that are constantly whiny.
I’d find myself a quiet place to rest in peace,
I wouldn’t go back until the neediness has ceased.


 Awww, But “IF” is such a useless word, it doesn’t do much good.
It accomplishes nothing, so I never understood
why I indulge it and use it, it doesn’t help one bit,
So if(ing), could(ing), and would(ing), I had better quit.

©2014 by ~dellgirl~

10 comments:

  1. delightful poem, so funny and so true...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comment, Lin. I appreciate that.

      Delete
  2. You just posted the poem I was meant to read all my life. Wow! Mom was the one that kept that in check. Love that bird, too. It looks like it has an attitude. I guess everyone has those days every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does look like he has an attitude Evelyn. I thought the same thing. I know for sure I have those days sometimes. Thanks for coming by and for the great comment.

      Delete
  3. This is wonderful, Leona. If I were a blackbird, I'd go up to the tallest mango tree and munch on the biggest fruit. Hmmm... I should say mynah bird instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going up to the tallest mango tree and munching on the biggest fruit is a really fun idea. Let me know when you're going, I wanna go with you. LOLL :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you my friend for taking time to come by to read this. I especially appreciate the nice comment.

      Delete
  5. Blessings...
    You forgot Should(ing). haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, you're right. I forgot should(ing). Glad you came be to check this out, always happy to see your smiling face.

      Delete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!