Monday, December 6, 2010

Things I Love About Christmas



I love Christmas! It’s a season of cheer and goodwill, brightly wrapped in red and green. I love how everything is just a little more joyous and festive this time of the year.

There’s some extra pep in our step, a twinkle in our eye, and a song in our heart as the calendar unfolds and Christmas rapidly approaches.

I enjoy listening to Christmas songs, the music soothes me and puts me in a mellow mood, adding to the spirit of Christmas.

I love decorating, eating Christmas goodies, shopping and eating Christmas goodies and then, eating some more Christmas goodies.

I’m enchanted with driving down streets through neighborhoods full of houses all dressed up for Christmas, it’s magical.

I love creating family traditions that will carry on with future generations. This is the time when we prepare our own handmade personalized Christmas ornaments.

The best thing of all that I love about Christmas is stopping and taking the time to realize how very blessed we are. We give thanks to God for all the blessing bestowed upon us over the past year. 2010 has been a particularly blessed year for us.


God is good!
All the time!
And, all the time…
God is good!

Photo courtesy raftertales.com

6 comments:

  1. it's a time of thankfulness too for the many gifts God gives to each of us and our families. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Leona! I do like this time of year when people of all faiths take time to smile at each other and think about being kind. I wish it could be this way every month of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! Your post picked up my spirits...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a unique time and set of holidays for planet. Merry Christmas and the best of New Years to you and your loved ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beauty of Christmas, but I have little Christmas spirit. I know, it's a little weird. My oldest daughter is my Christmas spirit. It oozes all over her and definitely brightens the day, everyday.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!