Sunday, March 8, 2009

Downsizing in 2009

Since the new year started so many things have happened it is hard to keep up. I finally got my desktop working again and proceeded to downsizing my projects and workload. I have waayyy too many things going on to focus the way I should. I started by eliminating email accounts I don't use often and a few other accounts and things to do that I really must stop doing in order to be productive and not be scattered all over the place. The downsizing is going well, slow - but well. When I finish, I should have a more managable workload, hopefully.

When I wrote and published my book in March of 2008, research said I needed a website. I did that. Next, I found I needed a blog for and about my book. Did that too. One thing lead to another and, before I knew it I had blogs, websites, and email accounts coming out my ears.

Well, enough already! I'm getting rid of some of it so I can concentrate on and make the few that I keep worth the time and effort. Whoever is going to buy the book will buy it anyway and, those who are not - won't - no matter how many or what kind of blogs and sites I drive myself crazy building.

Last week I had to put everything computer-related on hold because of a death in the family. I returned home late Friday evening, and now I'm playing catch-up again. With that said, there's nothing exciting to report, just wanted to say "hi" to you all.

I will add this though, when I visit around to your pretty and interesting spaces I wish I had time to fiddle and figure things out to make my space nicer. Since I don't have the time, I'll make myself content with looking at yours and reading your updates.

#1 on my list of things to do will be staying in touch with you, my friends. Thank you for your support and for always encouraging me.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for all your comments on my blog-I've missed hearing from you. reduce and simplify is so important. good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by at my place with all you've got on your plate, Leona. I really appreciate it. I know just what you mean about cleaning up our e-mails and blogs and Facebooks, etc. I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything and I don't know how I got to this point. OK... spring cleaning time for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blog. Thanks for the advice! Appreciated the info. :-) A.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!