Saturday, February 11, 2017

So Thankful Saturday


Tonight I sit staring at my blank page, too tired to string together enough words to make a post. Too mentally exhausted to look at a picture and write a story about the day I captured that perfect shot, I stare at the page.

My mind wanders back and forth through days, weeks, months, and years of struggles, challenges, and family illnesses that wreaked havoc on my waning strength. As I journey back through the trials and tribulations I have endured to reach a better day, I marvel at God’s goodness.

Through it all, He has sustained me. I had no doubt that He would. My only prayer through the many dark nights of loved ones suffering was, “Lord, give them the strength to hold on until Your blessings become a reality to them.”

I had no doubt that all would be resolved and their mental and physical health would be restored. My prayer was that the loved ones could sit quietly and be ready when God’s healing became a reality to them. Weeks later, I feel the power of God’s blessings making its way into my loved ones’ state of mind. I’m Giving Mighty, Mighty Thanks for God’s Goodness.

For these and other blessings, Dear God, I give thanks to you. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. The feeling of relief after the healing must have been so good. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. You are right, it was a relief when the healing came and the loved one received it. God is so good!

      Delete
  2. I could be thankful for many things, but one that that pops in my mind is my high IQ. Something that is quite rare in the deep south.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Adam, that is a good one to be thankful for. It's one I would not have thought of. You're so right, it is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. every trial has it's gift..if nothing more than learning patience!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!