Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Surprise at the Doctor’s Office


Jace had a doctor’s appointment on Tuesday for a check-up and routine immunizations for school. Eyes, ears, nose, and throat all check out fine. Breathing is good. Reflexes are right where they’re supposed to be.

The doctor asks questions all while performing these tests. Does he know how to help clean up his toys?  Does he know his primary colors? Can he count to twenty? Does he eat fruits and vegetables? Does he know “I” (can he distinguish himself as “I”)? Does he drink milk?

Well yes. He knows HOW to clean up, but he would rather mess up than clean up. Yes, he knows his colors and counts to twenty. He eats fruits that he likes very well but, vegetables are another matter. It takes a lot of coaxing to get him to eat some of them.

Does he drink milk? Yes, he drinks milk like a baby calf! His mommy and the doctor had a long discussion about Jaces liquid consumption. He drinks a LOT of liquids, all day long. This discussion prompted the doctor to order blood tests to determine if there is anything going on inside.

OH BOY, immunizations AND blood tests!?!?!! WOW, we are in for a tough time, and we thought he would just be getting immunizations!

The shots proved to be quite an ordeal, we knew that going in. Next stop, blood tests. Jace started to scream the minute he saw the needles and tubes. Oh boy, this is SO traumatic!

I blocked his view of what was happening with his arm with a towel. I asked him what he wanted to go get from Toys R Us afterwards. That helped to take his mind off the needle sticking in his arm a little. The test went quickly.


We left the doctor’s office and headed straight to Toys R Us! 

3 comments:

  1. I remember when my son got his blood checked with a finger prick. He got so mad, every time he saw the nurse after that, he cried. Jace's doctor sounds excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings...
    My how he has grown.
    Jace sounds like a mini me, my mother had a hell of a time with me. Luckily my children were brave souls and went in and out without a beep, always left me in awe.

    So what did the test results say?

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!