Friday, February 12, 2010

To Write or Not to Write


Have you ever had to laugh when you wanted to cry instead? Or visa versa, burst into tears when you actually wanted to laugh?

Well, that’s where I am right now. I want to write. I want to write something, anything, just as long as I’m writing. Mostly my mind is blank. Then it's cluttered with hundreds of ramblings, bits and pieces scattered thoughts.

Nothing profound comes to mind, nothing exciting or interesting comes out. Not one single shareable thing shines through. Nothing makes its way to the blank page.

Well, that’s not the whole truth. Something does come to mind, but it sits there in the back of my head like a prisoner -- locked in a cell and can’t get out -- onto the page.

So, I’ll do the next best thing...sigh!

8 comments:

  1. I find when this happens, the best thing to do is to grab a notebook and just start writing nonsense. Let everything that comes to mind just flow out on the paper, no matter what it is. Eventually, something will come out that you can use. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes writing about nothing long enough, frees up your creative right brain when your critic left brain wants to be in charge. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're writing here and the words are true and heartfelt and lovely.

    that counts, doesn't it?

    I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But still you managed to pen down what ever you were feeling at the point.Take care and have beautiful days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! I have just the opposite problem right now. I've got too many of my mother and aunt's words crowding my brain and it's making my head want to explode.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to say that if I allowed that to intrude on me..there would never be a blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been doing "the next best thing" for four months now. It hasn't proved to be very productive.

    I relate completely to every last word and emotion expressed here. And I am pleased to have been able to read the comments and am hopeful that I may find the where withall to let them be of benefit.

    When I don't write for a while... I begin to think of it as a chore, like laundry, or dusting the bookshelves. When I begin to write again, I realize just how much I miss it... how it enriches my life.

    It's good to hear that someone of your caliber has some of the same difficulties with "wordlock" and scattered thoughts that I do. My mind can be such a junkyard one moment, and like the Sahara on a calm day the next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. spent a fun day with caryn talking about writing. we all hit roadblocks but they can be overcome with time.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!