However, I had a chance to see first hand some of what FEMA issued to victims of hurricane Ike. Mind you, these people were without power, water, and some were left homeless after the hurricane. FEMA issued ?food?, ice, and water...right? FOOD is enclosed in question marks for a reason. The ?food? they issued consisted of a restaurant sized take-out plastic container with the following individual sized:
* 1 - can of Pringles chips, pizza flavored no less
* 1 - bag of chocolate chip cookies
* 1- cup of apple sauce
* 1 - RedHot Pickled Sausage (the length of a ball point pen and as round as my ring finger)
* 1 - round red & white peppermint candy
* 2 - packs club crackers (each containing two single crackers), that's 4 narrow crackers
* 1 - a single-serving package of "Salad Toppers" - Albacore White Tuna
* 1 - forkspoon or spoonfork...whichever; 1-flimsy napkin; 1 - Lemon scented moist wipe; 1 - itsy-bitsy thing of salt and 1 - of pepper.
Here's the kicker...right on the front of the Albacore Tuna package it says, Salad Toppers...Tops Off Your Salad. The back of the package says..."Top off your favorite salad greens for a quick, delicious and healthy meal!" (The exclamation point is on the package, not my finnagelings).
I've got opinions coming out my ears on this one, but then my post would take too much space. I just wanted you to see what FEMA issued to hurricane Ike victims.