Monday, July 17, 2017

ICE: 'In Case of Emergency'

This information could literally save your life!
Apparently this is a standard procedure all paramedics follow at the scene of an accident when they come across your cell phone.

ICE - 'In Case of Emergency' We all carry our mobile phones with names and numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this 'ICE' -In Case of Emergency- Campaign.

The concept of 'ICE' is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell/mobile phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name 'ICE' - In Case Of Emergency.

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose.

In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as 'ICE.'

For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference! Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our Mobile phones today!

Please share this. It won't take too many 'Shares' before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest.

ICE will speak for you when you are not able to.

11 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea Leona. I will have to look into this and see how to set it up because I lock my phone, but noticed that when a phone is locked, there is an "Emergency Call" button on the locked screen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea too, Anthony. I finally got it done today, instead of putting it off...again. Thank you for stopping by and for taking time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Adam, I appreciate your visit. Yes, this is a very practical idea, makes a lot of sense. Thank you for the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter and I started doing that years ago and I'm stoked that some of the phones now have a function/section that asks for your ICE. That way you can keep the "regular" entries and identify your ICE. You just made me realize the younger ones don't have it in their phones, but I figure emergency response would just look for mom and/or dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a good idea but how would they access your cell phone if you were unconscious to know your password or finger print?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings sounds good. I guess am the only one that put relationship next to name? I.e example Sandra (mother)

    Hope all is well with you and family. Say hello to Mr. J for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful idea that could save a lot of lives. Warm greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good idea but I'm too old school to have or carry a cell phone. My wife has one but every time I borrow it I 'fat finger' the touch-screen and the phone ends up with some strange display that even my wife can't figure out.

    I'll have to go old school with your suggestion and put an ICE card in my wallet next to my driver's license or something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done this for years. It is a great idea!!! I count on it.

    Hello dear friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Speaking of emergencies, I hope you're doing all right down there! I saw the in the news all the areas that flooded and I am really surprised and concerned.
    Praying for you ! Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!