Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What Am I Doing? I Forgot!


I sit with one of four remote controls pointed at the menu screen on television for a full 35 seconds. Then it dawns on me to ask myself, "What in the world was I going to do?"  I glance at the remote in my hand then back at the television screen, and the menu reminds me that I must want to change the channel.

I take a good look at the remote to see if I have the right one for whatever it was I intended to do.  It's not so, I put it down and pick up another one, change the channel,  and take a second to see if that is really what I want to watch.  Okay I got that done.

Twice today already, I’ve gone into a room to get something, and by the time I get there I forget what I went there for.  Looks like it's going to be one of those days!

As get older, I have to remind myself to “be kinder to myself and be less critical of myself”. I have to become more of a friend to myself. What difference does it make if I get what I went into a room for the first time or if I have to make three trips to get it? I’m blessed to be able to walk into a room because I could be fertilizer by now.

I realize I am sometimes forgetful. But truth be told, some things in life are just as well forgotten. I know I’m glad to have forgotten a lot of things that happened on the journey from yesteryear to today. Eventually I’ll remember the important things, somewhere along the way.

Every once in a while something will happen and I’ll remember an event from the past. When that event was not a good one, I always say OUT LOUD…”Thank God, I had forgotten about that”!


I am truly blessed to have lived long enough to have forgotten many of the bad things that happened in the past. I am now blessed to have lived long enough to sometimes forget the purple ball point pen I went in the room for.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, Leona, that happens to ALL of us. I do that at least twice a day. I love this honest post, my friend. And never forget that I'm right there with you! (Most everyone will be here at some point in their lives.) So glad to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just talking about this very thing with my Zumba buddies. It was reassuring to read your post and knowing I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are all in this old age challenge together...lol!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!