Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Warning Sign


Mike’s behind the wheel and I’m riding shot-gun as we head for the Beltway. We pull up behind a big dump truck at the traffic light, which was red. I silently read the sign on the rear of the truck with a slight chuckle, and quickly whipped out my camera to snap a picture or two. Just so you know, I’ve turned into a real camera/photo fanatic.

Before I finished putting my camera away, Mike commented, “They give you fair warning, don’t they? Look at that big rock sitting up on the back there.”

It only took a second for me to see the huge rock and realize the implications. Needless to say, Mike and I had quite the lively comedic conversation about the possibilities of the damage that gigantic rock would cause if it fell and hit someone’s vehicle. The signal light changed and we followed the dump truck through it to complete our left turn. That done, Mike smoothly switched into the left lane beside the truck and got us out of harms-way.

We laughed and talked about the what-ifs and so forth for another mile or so, stopping only because Mike paused to check his GPS for directions. The Warning Sign and the precariously perched rock started me thinking.

It made me think of some of the street signs, signs posted on and in buildings, roadside signs, and so on that have made me think twice. Have you ever seen a sign that made you stop and think? What did it say? Do you have a favorite sign you’d like to tell us about? We’d love to hear it.

Happy motoring & stay safe. Don’t go driving close behind big trucks with Warning Signs posted prominently on the back!

3 comments:

  1. warning signs can be helpful, also feelings that come suddenly impressing you to do something like slow down or go another way-not to be ignored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Beware of Dog signs, especially when you see a little chihuahua sitting there wagging his tail.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. blessings....
    hmmmmm, warning signs are good but only if one pays attention to them.

    have a blessed evening.

    p.s.
    these verification thingie drives me nuts, i know its for robots but girl i can hardly understand the bloody things half of the time. am stil here after 4 tries!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!