Thursday, June 26, 2008

Keyboard Shortcuts While Posting

Well, I'll be "datt-snippit". Here is the information I needed the day I cried and snivelled and snotted all over the place about why I couldn't cut and paste in Blogger. Made a big stink, called Blogger all kinds of names, yelled at it a few times. The information was hidden! Right there under my nose! If it had been a snake it would have bitten me - right on the nose (it's so close to the keyboard).

HOWEVER, and I can't emphasize this too much. THIS INFORMATION WAS HIDDEN by a little dialog cloud announcing, "Google Now Saves Automatically". The silly little thing was hovering around over (covering ) this information.

Here it is for anyone new who needs it. It is located just below your "Compose A Post" box.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q: Can I use keyboard shortcuts while posting?
A: Blogger has several keyboard shortcuts you can use while editing posts. They definitely work in Internet Explorer 5.5+/Windows and the Mozilla family (1.6+ and Firefox 0.9+), and might work in other browsers. Here they are:
control + b = Bold
control + i = Italic
control + l = Blockquote (when in HTML-mode only)
control + z = Undo
control + y = Redo
control + shift + a = Link
control + shift + p = Preview
control + d = Save as Draft
control + p = Publish Post
control + s = Autosave and keep editing
control + g = Indic transliteration

2 comments:

Lin said...

thanks, for shortcuts...

Petula Wright said...

These are great, thanks! I've had one of these moments too when I'd been struggling with something in Blogger for so long then all of a sudden (BAM!) it was right there the entire time.

Makes you feel a little silly and a little relieved all at the same time.