Friday, September 14, 2018

Grandparents Day At School



Thursday morning started out okay. I woke up feeling pretty good, nothing to brag about, but okay. I showered and took my time getting dressed. I had an 11:45 appointment to go to Jace’s school for Grandparents Day. Today, Grandparents get to eat lunch with their grands. Yaaaa!

I arrived at the school about 11:30, wanting to be early for our lunch. Jace was happily excited as he spotted me walking into the cafeteria. He ran up and gave me a great big hug, laughing and grinning from ear-to-ear. I was grinning from ear-to-ear myself! We were as happy as a couple of monkeys in a banana factory!



We made our way to his table and took our seats. He was more than half way through with his lunch already. Boy, seems like somebody gave me the wrong time fro Jace’s lunch. Oh well…
MY Photo ~ © dellgirl

Anyway, he munched on the rest of his lunch and chatted with his friends sitting on the opposite side of the table. He and I chatted intermittently between his and his friends’ goofy shenanigans.

I was happy and excited to be there enjoying this special moment with him. He was happy I was able to come. I enjoyed watching him interact with his classmates. They were a comedic little bunch of characters!

Not my photo. 
Just a likeness of what it looked like across the table.

What a wonderful treat that was, lunch with “My Boy…My Sunshine”!

6 comments:

  1. My husband and I have taken turns at my granddaughter's school and loved it too. It's definitely a special time. He must have been so proud to have your there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kay, it definitely was a special time. He was really excited that I made it and proud to have me there. Since their lunch time was well under-way, he said he thought I wasn't coming. Then he hugged me... again and giggled some more.

      Delete
  2. fun time, i attended several years of those occasions also. now my grands are all in intermediate or high schools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Lin, it was so much fun! I'm really glad I got a chance to make it for a change.

      Delete
  3. Blessings.....
    wow, the honor!
    He's so big now. I remember when he was born - so tiny!
    God is good.

    Have a blessed week
    Stay blessed.
    https://www.facebook.com/RhapsodyPhoenix/
    https://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    https://www.goodreads.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    https://www.instagram.com/rhapsodyphoenix/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the same way my granddaughter's school early last month. A grandchild's pleasure at our presence is contagious.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!