Friday, April 27, 2018

Thank God, it's FRIDAY!



Another week just flew by, had me busy as a little beaver with its never-ending “to-do” lists. Sorting and compiling receipts for income taxes wasn’t something I’d planned to do. But, I thought I’d give the “Mister” a hand and do it anyway. Then, there were the usual things that just HAD to be done.

To top it all off, a few incidentals popped-up along the way. I got it all done though. Thank goodness.

Now the week is gone already. Well, thank God, it's FRIDAY (night) and I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend…sorta. Mama’s here, she came yesterday for her week with me.

I look forward to a whole lot of quiet time doing as much nothing as possible whenever I can. Feeding and medicating Mama is the only “must-do” thing to do, so far. I hope it stays that way all weekend.

Oh! Oh! Oh! I almost forgot the best part. The absolute BEST part of the week was Thursday evening. Grandson Jace has been taking piano lessons in an after school arts program. Their recital was yesterday. Needless to say, my heart skipped several beats as I watched him sitting at that piano, playing a tune, and singing along. What a JOY to behold, my little miracle boy playing the piano!

I’ll share photos as soon as I upload and sort through them.

Okay, enough random ranting already. Happy Friday Night Everyone!

What about you, what fun things do you have planned for the weekend? Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your weekend!

Anybody heard any funny jokes lately? I need a good laugh!   

May tomorrow bring happiness beyond belief, joy beyond comparison, and peace to sooth your soul.

Wishing you a blessed and serene weekend!

9 comments:

  1. well it's been quite the week for me, recuperating the last few days from the fall, hubby is so helpful and my bruises are turning colors but hidden away on my upper arm and hip so I don't have to show them around. The weather is getting hot 92 today and we have some humming birds building a nest on the ceiling fan in our back pation-fun to watch. I'm just grateful to not be nursing a broken anything like hip, elbow or knee. Gratitude for large and small blessings helps....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Lin. It's so good to see you here today. I hope you're better. I'm so glad you're okay and didn't break anything. Sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope all is going well now. Will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time definitely flies way too fast...they say, "when you're having fun" ;) Well, I am almost always keeping busy. I like it that way, but do always look forward to the weekend. Thank God for Friday and weekends for sure.

    Yeah, taxes are not fun for sure and I'm glad I filed my tax return well ahead of time. Well, my dear friend Leona, you have a wonderful weekend with your mama and look forward to seeing those lovely pics of your little miracle boy Jace playing the piano...stay blessed always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here`s something to make you laugh. I was conducting a small group math lesson with a group of second graders and one girl said, "I haven't had a good day, it has been the worst day in my life" to which another girl responded, "it can't have been the worst day in your life because the worst day in your life is when you pay your taxes!" Sage wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there AJ, it's so good to see you here. Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate that. And yes, with the constant busy-ness in my life, I'm always looking forward to the weekend...wishing for some quiet ME time.

    Thank you for the great comment, it means a lot that you took time to do that.

    I hope your weekend has been everything you wanted. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lorraine, how are you? I hope all is well with you. I'm happy you stopped by, it made my day! You're right, your comment DID make me laugh. Thank you for taking time to share that with me.

    It immediately brought to mind the old saying..."Out of the mouths of babes". I'm constantly amazed at the things Grandson Jace comes up with.

    I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leona,
    Well, I hope your next week will be more restful. We just settled down in our cottage and there are many things to do. Thank goodness our water is in, internet is set up and our tv, too. When the lake is melted we hope to have the dock. Then, we can start relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again, Leona!
    I just finished and scheduled all 20 blog posts about our European trip and am taking a break before I start of photobook which will consume all my time again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait. What? Jace can play the piano and sing now? When did that happen? How did he grow up so fast?

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!