Monday, March 12, 2018

Happy Birthday Jace!

Happy Birthday Jace!


Grandson Jace turned 8 years old last week. We had a great Birthday Party for him at Urban Air Adventure Park, a fun filled amusement facility. Jace was all over the place, running, jumping, and literally having the time of his life. He was as happy as a little monkey in a banana factory!


A Happy Birthday - Allergen Free Cake

It was a wonderful day of kid-friendly activities. We didn't have to utter the dreaded "No" word not one time. He was free to explore and touch any and everything in the place. What a joyous sight! 


I watched happily as he zipped from one activity to another at his usual "fast-as-lightning" speed. I was as excited as a kid under the tree on Christmas morning!


His excitement brought to mind a lot of things. I was especially reminded of a few conversations he and I have had. Boy, the most baffling things comes out of his mouth! 

For example:  A Conversation with my 7 year old grandson

Jace: MiMi are you glad I was the one sperm out of all the millions and millions of sperms to survive and be born?

Me: (Glad he can't see the look on my face...) Why, yes Jace. I am glad.

Jace: How glad were you when I was born MiMi? 

Me: I was very glad Jace.

Jace: Just...very glad? That's all?

Me: Oh no, I was really really really really very awesomely glad Jace. 

Jace: Ok. MiMi I'm hungry. 

Me: SMH! Baffled!!!

Enough said! I didn't even want to get into a conversation about how and when did he learn this information. So, I left it alone and went about my business. I'll save the rest for another time. 

Have you ever had a conversation with a kid that left you baffled, Shaking Your Head?

9 comments:

  1. I taught first grade, so yes, I most certainly had many a conversation that had me baffled at first.

    Jace is 8? Oh my gosh! I remember when he was born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Kay. It's so good to see your smiling face. Thanks for coming by. Yes, he turned 8 on March 2nd. Seems like it was only yesterday when I used to sit in our favorite chair cuddling with him. No more, he's almost as tall as I am now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't believe he's eight, next time he'll be a teenager and then middleaged...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a chuckle at you conversation. I work in Elementary school so I get to hear lots of interesting stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 8 years old already. Happy Birthday to wonderful young man with you had the cutest conversation lol :) I think that would have baffled anyone :) May God continue to bless him and guide his every step. He is definitely very blessed to have a Mimi like you. Stay blessed Leona!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Lin. Glad to see you, thank you for coming by to read my random thoughts. Thanks bunches for taking time to leave a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, Lorraine. What a happy surprise! It's such a smile maker to have you visit here. Thank you for coming by, I really appreciate that. I especially thank you for taking time to read here and for leaving a great comment. I hope to see you again soon. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AJ, my friend, hello and how are you? It's always good to have you stop by, it makes my day! Yes, that little character is 8 years old already. Doesn't seem that long ago, does it?

    Thank you for the Happy Birthday and for the good wishes for continued blessings. Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just browsing through your recent blogs, I felt I had to answer this one. I was discussing least favorite animals with my six-year-old grandson once and he mentioned that his Boston terrier Simon did NOT like turtles. "Has he ever seen one?" I asked. My grandson answered, "No but he knows what the look like."

    That one had me baffled.

    Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!