Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Four Brothers Movie (2005)


Four brothers is a thriller action packed film about four brothers out to avenge their foster mother's murder in Detroit. Mark Wahlberg sizzles as Bobby Mercer leading the charge to find the killers. He’s on FIRE, driven by anger and frustration as he navigates brothers Angel, Jeremiah, and Jack through the maze of lies and deception to find the truth of their mother’s murder.

Four Brothers is directed by John Singleton. It is written by David Elliot and Paul Lovett.

Stars:
Mark Wahlberg – Bobby Mercer
Tyrese Gibson - Angel Mercer
Andre Benjamin – Jeremiah Mercer
Garrett Hedlund – Jack Mercer
Taraji P. Henson – Camille Mercer
Fionnula Flanagan – Evelyn Mercer
Terrence Howard – Lt. Green
Josh Charles – Detective Fowler

The movie begins with the mother, Evelyn Mercer, scolding a little neighborhood boy for shop lifting in a convenience store. She is there to purchase food for Thanksgiving dinner. The little boy rushes out of the store, leaving Evelyn as the only customer. She goes to look at the turkeys.

Two hooded gunman burst into the store and proceed to rob the clerk. Evelyn ducks down, and hides behind a shelf when she sees the gunman.

The cashier gives the criminals the money drawer willingly, but they shoot him anyway before they leave. Evelyn lets out a gasp upon hearing the gunshot and, the robbers find her hiding. They shoot her, point-blank!

After Evelyn’s funeral, the action-filled hunt begins.

Mark Wahlberg as Bobby Mercer is relentless as he galvanizes his brothers to action. He leaves no stone un-turned in his search for their mother’s killers. Nothing and no one is above suspicion.

I rate the movie 5 Stars. I don’t necessarily like a lot of blood and gore in my movies, but I DO LOVE it when bad guys get what they deserve. Four Brothers is jam packed with violence, profanity, and more blood and gore than I would normally choose to watch.

However, the Soundtrack by David Arnold, was the “HOOK” for me. The soundtrack is a captivating compilation of favorite and best loved Oldies but Goodies music from the 60s and 70s that I thoroughly enjoy. From the beginning song, I was captivated, anxiously waiting for the next one.

There now, that’s enough. I won’t give away any more of the plot and spoil it for you. If you like action, drama, and/or crime movies, try this one. Skip this movie if this is not your cup-of-tea.  

Images

4 comments:

  1. I'm usually behind in movie watching, but I'll look out for this one. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by, Medeia. I'm glad you stopped in to read and, thanks so much for the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't even heard of this movie, but the ending sounds very satisfying. Ummm... but blood and gore... I don't know, Leona.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you, Kay. I don't like blood and gore either, not at all. But, I LOVE this movie. I like when the bad guys get what they deserve.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!