Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Nice Weekend



All last week was busy as usual. Friday was half busy and half quiet and peaceful. Saturday was a day of total peace and a lot of much needed quietness. Cloudy skies and intermittent rain showers made the day even more restful, sweet.  I had gotten up earlier than I wanted to, ran a few errands, and made it back home just in time for the rain showers.

 I decided to spend my Sunday being productive, cooking myself something good to eat. That decision involved more work than I wanted to do. Oh well, it was all things that needed to be done so, I did it.  

Finally, the whole weekend is over. Now it’s 8:00 pm Texas time Sunday, May 17, 2015. I just walked through the kitchen, and a great big smile popped across my face out of nowhere. Why?

There is not ONE dirty dish to be seen. I washed all the dishes for a change. I didn’t rinse and leave ‘the usual one or two pots’ for tomorrow. I washed them all, every last one of them. It is a wonderful feeling to have all the dishes washed and the cabinet tops clean and free of clutter.

All of the food I cooked today is tucked neatly in the fridge, in plastic containers. Not ONE pot in the fridge tonight. Not a ONE, for the first time in a long time. I usually am so tired by the end of the day, I routinely put at least one pot of food in the fridge. Not tonight, the food is put away properly and there are no pots in the fridge. I won’t have to think about pots in the fridge all week long. This is the most wonderful feeling in the world.
You might think I am crazy ranting on and on about clean cabinet tops, clean dishes, and no pots in the fridge. But, you just don’t understand. And, I can’t explain it to you. I just know . . .


This feels so good. This is The Most Wonderful Feeling in the World!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about clean kitchens, luckily my retired husband does the dish washing and I do the cooking-great arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blessings.....
    I use to be that way but i learnt from a young girl to wash as you go and ready containers. I tell you its the best method.

    When i am cooking, i am washing dishes as I go. In addition as the food is finished cooking I immediately transfer them to storage containers and wash the pots so that when I am done cooking I am done washing simultaneously. The only dishes to be done will be the ones you eat in and that is done immediately. As for left overs well I just stick them all in the fridge as they are already packed in containers.

    No longer am i spending hours cooking and hours cleaning up and then precious time packing away food and then doing more dishes. I simply sit and relax cause its all done! So I can sit and socialize with others and not be designated to the kitchen like Cinderella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yae, Leona! Good for you! Now I'm looking around me and wondering what I should be cleaning or organizing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!