Saturday, April 25, 2015

I Hate Cooking


Some people love to cook. Nothing pleases them more than getting in the kitchen and whipping up something scrumptious at the drop of a hat.

Before my mama got sick, she was one of those. If we ever said we were coming home for a visit, she flew into the kitchen and immediately started preparing our favorite foods.

I, on the other hand, am not one of those “love to cook” people.

I hate cooking! I mean I really, really HATE cooking. There is not one single thing I know of that I like about cooking.  Not one!

Well actually, I like the end result . . . the delicious hot cooked meal. And, that’s all I like about it. I hate to cook, but I love to eat. Boy, do I love to eat! So, I DO cook even though I hate it.

From time to time I might share a recipe or two that I have collected from family and friends with you. When that happens, you know that I am hungry or I just finished eating.


There you have it. That’s my rant about how much “I Hate Cooking”. How do you feel about cooking? Do you love it? Do you hate it? What?!

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, Leona. Your rant tickled me. I love to cook...some. Not a lot. But I can cook. So I do. Plus, we gotta eat. ;-) We've been eating non-GMO/grain-free. So every meal is a big long drawn out process. But I do feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll join your hate to cook club...and love to eat also. That's what I enjoy about traveling-eating out though that gets old after awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cook sometimes. I get in the flow of it, but I prefer something easy or takeout. I don't have to deal with all the dirty dishes or a smoke alarm going off all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you Leona. After awhile having to cook every meal gets tiresome. Not only that I've found that the more complicated the preparation or recipe it becomes downright nerve wracking. I used to laugh about the title of a cookbook my Mom bought once. "The Any Idiot Can Cook Book". While I don't think it is exactly rocket science I now have a healthy respect for those who do it well and seem to enjoy it. More power to them- even though I don't understand them. ; )
    I have some great easy out dishes. I'll share them with you some time.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a one-pot cook. Soup? everything from the frig. into the pot! Or I do the oven meat/potato/veg thing. yah I dont like it either..I would rather eat cereal or cheese and crackers for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not like to cook. That's why I love it living with mom. She doesn't mind cooking.

    By the way, I LOVE your header photo, Leona!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!