Monday, April 15, 2013

Blue Monday


Photo © by dellgirl - 2013

I woke up feeling a bit out of sorts this morning, I don’t like that feeling. It isn't a good way to start the day or the week. Some call it Blue Monday. One question, do you think Monday is Blue?

Okay, let's face it, Monday is Blue Monday when you just don't want to do all the dull, boring, humdrum, mundane, mind-numbingly routine things you need to do . . . all over again, repeatedly, day after day, one more time, over and over, repetitively, once more! 

Eeeeewwww, repeatedly means over and over again. Repetitively means over and over but also tending to become boring or displeasing due to its sameness, according to thesaurus.com.

Ideally, Monday should be about new beginnings, a new week, new goals to achieve, new adventures to look forward to and, especially new second chances.  So, what would I suggest if anybody said all of the above to me?

I would say: meditate, listen to some positive up-beat music, get outside in the fresh air for 15 to 30 minutes, exercise, journal/vent about your problems, read a good book, go for a walk in the park, go for a run in the park if you’re fit enough for that. You will feel a sense of relief and accomplishment if you manage only one thing on this list.


So, why did I feel discombobulated earlier? I don’t know but, I feel better just having compiled this really short list of ‘gloom-busters’. Thanks I needed that!

 There's no denying that a combination of circumstances can take a toll on even the happiest individuals. The remedy is simple.

Not easy, but simple! 

3 comments:

  1. just writing about your blues can help you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granted this Monday was anything but boring or the same. Monday made humdrumness sound rather attractive. I'm glad Friday brought us some closure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings my friend....
    blue is a good color is it not? Mondays only blue when you've over done it on the weekend and you need a weekend from your weekend.

    peace.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!