to fathers everywhere, especially to our Google Blog Fathers.
May today bring you much happiness and love!
A father is…- a person who is forced to endure childbirth without an anesthetic
- neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there
- someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow
- a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be
- a banker provided by nature
- not someone to lean on, but someone who makes leaning unnecessary
- makes his baby girl into a little woman
- someone who carries pictures where his money used to be
- a thing that growls when he feels good and laughs out loud when he is scared half to death
Really Great Fathers. . .
- make bets with insurance companies about who'll live the longest.
- learn a lot from children about coping with life.
- are men who give daughters away to other men who aren't nearly good enough, so that they can have children that are smarter than anybody's.
And, while mothers cry where it shows, fathers stand and beam -- outside – and die inside.