Monday, November 3, 2008

Day Is Done

(C) 2008 by Leona Shankle

Sunday is over and the day is done,
now it's time for me to follow the sun.
I'll crawl in my bed and tuck myself in,
it'll be tomorrow when I see you again.
Good night, good sleep my friends one and all,
yon morrow half past noon I will give you a call.
-----------------------------------------------
Not a word nor a thought do I have for this place,
not a phrase worth the effort to blog on my space.
I will leave you with this, it's the one thing I know,
I have the best friends and this is for 'sho.
Good night, good sleep to my friends every one,
I will follow the sun now that my day is done.
(C) 2008 by Leona Shankle

3 comments:

  1. g-nite, mate. Good thoughts... I have gone to bed many a night wishing for some words to place on my blog...narry a thought came to mind. So, I left it blank, went to bed, and pretended to sleep for a couple of hours.

    This was very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful, Leona. You are a beautiful poet, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!