Friday, October 17, 2008

Fighting The Friday Funk

I had a meeting with me and myself today. I am totally drained, exhausted - 'just-plumb-wore-out'. I couldn't blow a feather away if it landed on my lip right under my nose. It's that bad! I don't want to do a thing that involves sticking my head out from under the covers, thereby causing my body to exert itself in any way.

"Me" wanted to be the dutiful Little Miss Prissy and perform some chores and tasks that beckoned like a light at the end of a long dark tunnel. "Myself" fluttered back and forth, vacillating between the two. From my straddle-the-fence position, it was obvious we were going nowhere - fast. The plot thickens as the funk deepens.

Knowing I had to get a grip on myself, I took charge and demanded, "Everybody!!! CHILL!!!" We are not doing anything today. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch! That's it, I have spoken! This has been a particularly busy and chaotic week, and we are done - jeezee!

The best possible solution is to do what works best under these circumstances. So, for the rest of today, and tomorrow if my current mood hasn't improved, I will be:

  • relaxing on the chaise lounge with remote controls for the television and DVD on one side and food and drinks on the other
  • moving only to refresh said drinks or replenish the food supply
  • alternating between the desktop when I feel like sitting completely upright, and the laptop when I get the urge to let the eyelids swag and droop ...
  • leisurely visiting my friends spaces and sites to read and catch up on what I've been missing all week, while working like a prisoner on a chain-gang
  • taking an occasional break to lend an ear to a Marvin Gaye vs Gladys Knight 'battle-for-the-best' on KCOH Radio. Every Friday afternoon the station features a battle between two great artists. The audience calls in to vote for their favorite artist.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far, and that your weekend is even better.

PS - Battle-for-the-best won out, I won't be watching any TV until this is over. I'll let you know if Marvin or Gladys won the battle.

3 comments:

  1. I like your list of exactly what you are going to be doing. It's perfect for restoring one's mental health. Any tasks that need doing will still be there tomorrow. So good for you! Treat yourself! I may join you choosing from the list. Mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. aren't you getting rain again and flooding? that's enough to cause a funk for anyone. take care...Lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAhhhhh... a reboot for the soul. I love week-end retreats at home. I love retreats anywhere. Sounds blissful.

    You're description of your mood and your solution to your mood is nothing less than worthy of plagerism. GREAT post, and one that we've all related to on way too many occasions.

    I don't know whether to hope you snap out of it or not. The day you have planned sounds pert nere perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!