"Me" wanted to be the dutiful Little Miss Prissy and perform some chores and tasks that beckoned like a light at the end of a long dark tunnel. "Myself" fluttered back and forth, vacillating between the two. From my straddle-the-fence position, it was obvious we were going nowhere - fast. The plot thickens as the funk deepens.
Knowing I had to get a grip on myself, I took charge and demanded, "Everybody!!! CHILL!!!" We are not doing anything today. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch! That's it, I have spoken! This has been a particularly busy and chaotic week, and we are done - jeezee!
The best possible solution is to do what works best under these circumstances. So, for the rest of today, and tomorrow if my current mood hasn't improved, I will be:
- relaxing on the chaise lounge with remote controls for the television and DVD on one side and food and drinks on the other
- moving only to refresh said drinks or replenish the food supply
- alternating between the desktop when I feel like sitting completely upright, and the laptop when I get the urge to let the eyelids swag and droop ...
- leisurely visiting my friends spaces and sites to read and catch up on what I've been missing all week, while working like a prisoner on a chain-gang
- taking an occasional break to lend an ear to a Marvin Gaye vs Gladys Knight 'battle-for-the-best' on KCOH Radio. Every Friday afternoon the station features a battle between two great artists. The audience calls in to vote for their favorite artist.
Hope everyone is having a good day so far, and that your weekend is even better.
PS - Battle-for-the-best won out, I won't be watching any TV until this is over. I'll let you know if Marvin or Gladys won the battle.