Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Is Your Blog Chasing Away Readers?

It has been very busy around here the past several days. In fact, I have had a seriously hard time keeping up the past two weeks. First, there was the company. Company is fine and "I love them to death". I hate that phrase but, I couldn't resist using it here. Why in the world would anyone want to love someone "to death"? Crazy!

Then, I had to play catch-up after company left, visiting my blog friends, reading your posts and the accompanying comments and, letting everyone know what was going on with me. That took time but it is so much fun. Getting to my computer was all I could think about while sitting watching company gobble down a meal or watching a movie...things like that.

Today is the first time I have had a full day to myself to do as I please. Guess what I chose to do? Yep! BLOG. First I visited around to a few new sites to see how things are going outside my little corner of blogland, which lead me to the subject of today's post.

Some of the sites were beautiful, full of seemingly interesting information. Some had catchy post titles which immediately got my attention. However, one look discouraged me from reading further. The sites were ONE GIANT CONGLOMERATED PARAGRAPH, from the top of the page to the bottom. No breaks anywhere. That is hard on the eye. I gave up, couldn't go on.

Just the other day I found this really great article on the importance of paragraphs. This article puts into perspective some of the main points in favor of using paragraphs. Add that to my experience while blog-hopping and I dedided to share the following.

The Importance of Paragraphs

2 comments:

  1. informative, i agree and try to break up long paragraphs into shorter ones...blog tutorials-didn't know there was such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely. I do try to use paragraphs to make it easier to read and grasp. I love learning with you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came by. PLEASE, let me know you were here and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful wonderful day!